we talk about some trending things that are going on in social media & Celebrity Gossip, YouTube News.
Christian Slater destroyed his father’s acting career by going public with allegations his dad is suffering from mental illness … according to a new defamation lawsuit.
Thomas Knight Slater — who’s acted under the name Michael Hawkins — says his son did an interview last year where he described his father as suffering from “manic-depressive schizophrenia.”
Hawkins denies the comment and points out his son has no medical creds to make such a diagnosis.
In the suit — filed Wednesday in L.A. and obtained by TMZ — Hawkins says the article resulted in him being “blacklisted” in Hollywood. He says he was hoping to land more roles in the “autumn of his life,” but that won’t be possible after Christian’s lies.
Hawkins had roles in soap operas like “Ryan’s Hope” and “As the World Turns” in the ’70s. He’s also had small roles in some big movies — ‘Amityville Horror,’ “Midnight Run” and “Mommie Dearest.”
Dad is suing for at least $20 million.
Sam Pepper is trending worldwide on Twitter yet again!
Around an hour ago, Sam Pepper decided to empty his entire YouTube channel – and all his other social media accounts like Instagram and Twitter.
He left behind a simple and disturbing message on all his accounts. “I give up,” he wrote. This prompted his fans to worry about him being suicidal.
Is Sam Pepper pranking and trolling the internet (again) – or is he actually serious?
UFC champ Conor McGregor called Nate Diaz a “cholo gangsta from the hood” in one of the most hate-fueled pre-fight press conferences ever.
Nate said everyone in the UFC — including Conor — was on steroids. Conor went nuts and said he was absolutely not.
Nate, who’s stepping in at the last minute to replace the injured Rafael dos Anjos in UFC 196 on March 5th, was goaded by Conor, who said Nate “makes gun signs with the right hand and animal balloons with the left hand.”
Conor was referring to Nate’s side jobs to make money. Conor was quick to add he’s now a millionaire who shops on Rodeo Drive.
You have never seen this kind of hatred.
YouTube has launched today the next iteration of its NextUp program — an initiative originally conceived way back 2011 that bestows funding, training, and mentoring upon a promising new class of creators.
This year’s effort aims to amp up NextUp’s reach with 360 total winners in every city across the globe where YouTube operates a Creator Space, including New York, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Paris, Toronto, and Mumbai.
The program launches today in the US and in the UK, with other international contests to roll out soon, according to a blogpost from YouTube. Winners of this latest NextUp initiative will receive a $2,500 voucher for production equipment; a spot at a week-long creator camp at one of the YouTube Spaces to learn new production and audience-building techniques; and mentoring from previous NextUp grads.